ROCHESTER, Minn. — Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate celebrated the graduation of its third cohort of health tech startups, together with 12 nationwide and worldwide revolutionary companies. During the occasion, held in Rochester, Minnesota, on July 28, every firm introduced progress and outcomes from the Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate program, offering a glimpse into the future of medicine.
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate is an immersive 20-week accelerator program giving individuals a possibility to validate the medical readiness of their synthetic intelligence-driven options – with the facility of the Mayo Clinic knowledge community – and advance their enterprise plans. The program has helped individuals discover methods to enhance healthcare in a spread of areas.
Learn extra concerning the members of Cohort 3:
- AccurKardia: To allow entry to distant cardiac care for sufferers globally, AccurKardia developed a system authorised by the Food and Drug Administration to ship absolutely automated clinical-grade ECG analytics to cardiac monitoring firms, telehealth and distant affected person monitoring firms. The firm is predicated in New York City.
- Acorai: To cut back hospital readmissions and size of keep, and enhance affected person outcomes associated to coronary heart failure, Acorai created an intracardiac pressure monitoring resolution utilizing a noninvasive sensor and machine studying to offer steady insights. The firm is predicated in Sweden.
- Basys.ai: Basys.ai’s platform facilitates the implementation of value-based care for health plans and health techniques, from prior authorization to utilization administration, to enhance care and transparency, and cut back price and administrative burden. The firm is predicated in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Empallo: To anticipate adversarial cardiovascular occasions, allow personalised therapy and facilitate medical trial categorization, Empallo makes use of machine studying to extract digital biomarkers to determine affected person threat of cardiovascular syndromes and ailments, primarily based on multimodal knowledge. The firm is a derivative from MIT, primarily based in Boston.
- FemTherapeutics: Using a mixture of medical gadgets and software program to personalize medicine for women, FemTherapeutics makes use of each an AI cloud-based platform and 3D printing to provide patient-specific gynecological prosthetics for noninvasive therapy of pelvic health circumstances, together with pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. The firm is predicated in Montreal.
- HeartKinetics: Aiming to revolutionize administration of coronary heart failure and intercept heart problems earlier than signs seem, HeartKinetics makes a speciality of distant detection and monitoring, combining a patient-facing cellular app for knowledge assortment and an AI-based predictive insights platform for suppliers. The firm is predicated in Belgium.
- NeoPrediX: NeoPrediX has developed AI-based resolution help instruments for maternal, neonatal and perinatal screening, to anticipate threat of jaundice in newborns, enhance pace and accuracy of medical decision-making, and to make personalised care choices early in life. The firm is a derivative from the University of Basel, and has places of work in Switzerland, Germany and the U.S. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- NXgenPort: To personalize “hospital at home” care, NXgenPort developed a system to remotely handle sufferers between chemotherapy remedies. Using an implantable Smart Port sensor and machine studying, NXgenPort alerts suppliers to early indicators of an infection and steady monitoring of the course of illness and therapy. The firm is predicated in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- OpenEvidence: OpenEvidence addresses “information overload” for suppliers, who should sustain with the newest analysis and medical proof, regardless of exponential progress in biomedical literature. OpenEvidence makes use of AI to display screen and summarize key findings, offering an unbiased literature evaluation in an comprehensible, clinically helpful format. The firm is predicated in Los Angeles.
- Peerbridge Health: To predict and diagnose power sickness dangers, together with coronary heart failure, obstructive sleep apnea and diabetes, Peerbridge Health has constructed an clever ECG platform, combining high-quality knowledge assortment from a wi-fi wearable and AI insights to ship diagnostics and real-time monitoring of affected person health. The firm is predicated in New York City.
- Saigeware: To allow high-accuracy health threat stratification and affected person monitoring (for challenges like stroke restoration), Saigeware makes use of an proof base of phenotypic markers to create predictive insights from AI/machine studying algorithms to enhance screening, forestall hospital readmissions and monitor inhabitants health standing. The firm is predicated in Bangalore, India.
- U-Care Medical: U-Care Medical created a clinical-grade AI analytics platform for acute intensive care, leveraging one of the biggest Intensive Care databases on the earth and a proprietary data-analytics platform, to ship data-driven insights for medical issues inside Intensive Care Units, and to cut back prices and mortality charges. The firm is a derivative of Polytechnic of Turin and is predicated in Italy.
Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate program provides taking part startups:
- Access to deidentified medical knowledge in a safe surroundings.
- AI mannequin validation with steerage from knowledge science consultants.
- Exploratory collaboration discussions with medical consultants.
- Guidance to grasp Food and Drug Administration clearance pathways.
- Support to plan medical validation research, akin to medical simulation or medical analysis trials.
As half of this in-kind funding, Mayo Clinic Platform has an fairness place within the firms.
According to Eric Harnisch, vp, Partner Programs, Mayo Clinic Platform, prior cohorts have already obtained attention from potential buyers, healthcare suppliers and others who wish to help the work of these health tech startups. He says, “Accelerate firms are already serving to rework care by offering affiliate hospitals with novel AI options, acquiring new buyers from our Accelerate graduation showcase, partnering with different startups within the Mayo Clinic Platform ecosystem, and extra.”
Applications for the fourth Mayo Clinic Platform_Accelerate cohort are open to early-stage health tech startups and can be reviewed on a rolling foundation.
About Mayo Clinic Platform
Founded on Mayo Clinic’s dedication to patient-centered care, Mayo Clinic Platform allows new information, new options and new applied sciences by means of collaborations with health expertise innovators to create a more healthy world. To study extra, go to Mayo Clinic Platform.
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit group dedicated to innovation in medical apply, schooling and analysis, and offering compassion, experience and solutions to everybody who wants therapeutic. Visit the Mayo Clinic News Network for added Mayo Clinic information.