According to the National Science Foundation, individuals assume a median of 12,000 to 60,000 ideas per day.
Eighty p.c of these ideas are adverse.
And 90% of these ideas are repetitive.
That’s why creator Ted Lowe – the founder and director of MarriedPeople.org, a corporation devoted to strengthening marriages – says among the finest issues you are able to do on your marriage is discover ways to change your thoughts.
Embracing a optimistic mindset boosts confidence, wards off depression and anxiousness, and helps handle stress. Likewise, considering extra positively about your partner can change your marriage.
On our Focus on the Family Broadcast “Changing Your Mindset in Marriage,” we need to aid you higher perceive how shifting your ideas towards your partner can create a more healthy, extra loving marriage.
- What do you consider your self? What is my id in Christ?
- What do you consider your partner? Focus on the optimistic belongings you love about your partner.
- What do you consider your partner’s feelings? How are you able to stroll along with your partner via their struggles with out attempting to make things better?
- What do you consider your response? When one thing your partner does triggers you, how are you going to pause and assume via your response as an alternative of instantly reacting?
- What do you assume is the aim of marriage? How are you able to replicate the love of Christ to your partner and to the world?
To create a extra loving and healthy marriage, hearken to my full dialog with Ted Lowe in your local radio station, online, on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, by way of Google Podcasts, or take us with you on our free phone app.
While you’re right here, I’d like to increase an invite so that you can turn into a particular associate with us via our month-to-month “Friends of Focus on the Family” program. When you do, I’ll ship you a duplicate of Ted Lowe’s guide Us in Mind: How Changing Your Thoughts Can Change Your Marriage as a manner of claiming thanks for touching others with the love of Christ. You’ll additionally obtain member-exclusive advantages. To make your pledge, or for extra info, click on here or name 1-800-A-FAMILY (232-6459).
And if you assist Focus on the Family at the moment with a present, your donation will probably be doubled for twice the impression in serving to others via this ministry. Our because of beneficiant donors who’ve made that potential. (For extra info, click on here.)